Season 5 of Warzone is getting underway and it’s the second full season since Ranked was introduced.
As players look for more of a challenge, the Ranked mode (managed by Treyarch Studios) this mode offers more satisfaction as you play others of a similar rank.
Not to mention there are great rewards available, such as Weapon Camos to reflect your rank.
But there are a lot of terms in the mode that can cause confusion.
So let’s break it down and explain how Warzone Ranked Play works, including all ranks, SR, rewards and everything you need to know.
How Does It Work?
Warzone Ranked works very similarly to regular Warzone, with some restrictions in place.
The overall experience sees players trying to earn as much SR as they can, which is done by killing, assisting and outsurviving as many teams as possible.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Party Size: Trios
- Map: Al Mazrah
- Game Mode: Battle Royale
- Public Event restrictions (e.g., No Firesales)
- Vehicle restrictions (e.g., No Heavy Choppers)
- Restricted gameplay elements (e.g., no multi-circles, changes to redeploy mechanics)
- Buy Station Inventory Adjustments
Warzone Ranked Divisions
Here are the following Divisions in Warzone Ranked:
- Top 250
Every division has three tiers, other than Iridescent and Top 250.
There are some Ranked Play restrictions, depending on your rank:
- Bronze – Platinum: Can party up without any restrictions
- Diamond: Can party up within 2 Skill Divisions
- Crimson – T250: Can party with players within 1 Skill Division
In Season 5, if you played during Season 4, here’s how your rank will be reset:
- Bronze through Crimson I players are set back three Tiers below where they finished.
- Players Crimson II and above will start in Diamond I.
As part of the End of Season Skill Setback, players are granted Demotion Protection for their first three Ranked Play games of Season 05.
Warzone Ranked SR
What Do You Get SR For?
Players will earn a Skill Rating (SR) based on match performance:
- Placement (e.g., 1st, 2nd, 20th)
- Kills by your squad
The SR earned for Kills, Assists and Squad Kills is increased based on the number of squads remaining:
- 21+ Squads Remaining: +5 SR per Elimination/Assist, +2 SR per Squadmate Elimination
- 3–20 Squads Remaining: +7 SR per Elimination/Assist, +3 SR per Squadmate Elimination
- 1–3 Squads Remaining: +15 SR per Elimination/Assist, +7 SR per Squadmate Elimination
Placement SR is distributed as follows:
- Top 40: 15
- Top 30: 30
- Top 20: 45
- Top 10: 60
- Top 50: 80
- 3rd: 100
- 2nd: 125
- 1st: 150
Entering a game costs 0 SR and you will not lose any SR at Bronze rank, however, once you reach Silver it will cost you SR to enter games, meaning you can start to lose SR.
- Bronze I–III: No Entry Fee
- Silver I: 10 SR
- Silver II: 14 SR
- Silver III: 18 SR
- Gold I: 23 SR
- Gold II: 28 SR
- Gold III: 33 SR
- Platinum I: 39 SR
- Platinum II: 45 SR
- Platinum III: 51 SR
- Diamond I: 58 SR
- Diamond II: 65 SR
- Diamond III: 72 SR
- Crimson I: 80 SR
- Crimson II: 90 SR
- Crimson III: 100 SR
- Iridescent and Top 250: 110 SR + 10 SR every 500 SR above 10,000 up to a max Deployment Fee of –210 SR
These weapons and attachments are restricted from Ranked:
- X13 Auto
- KV Broadside
- Dragon’s Breath ammunition
- Explosive ammunition for Snipers
Here are the rewards for Warzone Ranked.
- Rank 5: “Ranked and Reckless” Vehicle Skin for use with the GMC Hummer EV.
- Rank 10: “Good Sweat” Emblem
- Rank 15: “Lost Full” Sticker
- Rank 20: “Bot Collector” Weapon Charm
- Rank 25: “Hot Drop” Animated Emblem
- Rank 30: “Ranked Play Win Tracker” Gun Screen that displays the player’s lifetime Warzone Ranked Play win total.
- Rank 35: “Bot Patrol” Sticker
- Rank 40: “Ranked Demon” Large Decal
- Rank 45: “Frying” Weapon Charm
- Rank 50: “Ranked Veteran” Emblem & Skin for use with both CDL Male & Female Operators on both Factions.
Each Rank milestone will also unlock a Calling Card that represents the achieved Rank. Warzone 2 Ranked Play enthusiasts will climb up the Ranks when playing the competitive mode.
Players will move up the Ranks by earning Stars through the completion of Warzone 2 Ranked Play matches. You can earn a maximum of 3 Stars per match:
- Top 25: 1 Star
- Top 10: 2 Stars
- 1st Place: 3 Stars
Here were the rewards for Season 4 of Warzone Ranked.
- Finish ‘Top 15’ 25 Times: ‘Cash Out’ Large Decal
- Finish ‘Top 5’ 25 Times: Pro Issue Lachman Sub Blueprint
- Finish 1st Place: ‘Team Wipe’ Weapon Charm
- Get 25 Kills or Assists: ‘WZ Season 04 Competitor’ Sticker
- Get 250 Kills or Assists: ‘WZ Ranked Play Season 04’ Loading Screen
- Get 1000 Kills or Assists: ‘WZ Season 04 Ranked Veteran’ Camo
Season 5 Rewards
This season, up for grabs, is the Pro Issue ISO Hemlock Weapon Blueprint for Warzone.
Players that finish in Gold or above, will receive a special Ranked Camo to show off their quality.
Check out the #Warzone Ranked Play Top 250 Division Animated Weapon Camo right here. 🪂— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) August 1, 2023
Reminder: Division Weapon Camos will be distributed at the end of Season 05. Payers competing to earn Top 250 Division rewards must end Season 05 in the Top 250 Division. GLFH! pic.twitter.com/40K9SJsvTs