Valorant’s post-Episode 7 launch update is right around the corner and many are wondering what’s in-store.
Update 7.01 in Valorant marks the first update since Episode 7’s launch, which is usually an important update to help balance out any major issues since the last big update.
So here’s what we know about the next update in Valorant.
We’re expecting this next update to release on the 11th of July 2023.
Valorant Update 7.01 Patch Notes
This latest update is rather dull, focusing more on quality of life improvements than major changes.
- We’ve updated the ability action icons to be more consistent across all Agents and abilities that have a common cast paradigm or output. We’ve also added new ones to where it was necessary. These icons appear above your equipped ability.
- We’ve added voiceover line interactions between Gekko and Deadlock.
Ignition Stage is live!
- If you played in the Premier Open Beta, first of all, thank you! Second, everyone is starting from scratch with Ignition so you’ll have to make or join a new team this time around, too. Your team and match history will carry over from Ignition to the launch in August though, so choose your team name carefully. (You can’t change it later!)
- Enrollment runs until July 20, so get your team together and make sure to choose a Zone before then. The exact time for the end of Enrollment varies by Zone—make sure to check the schedule in the client for more information so you don’t miss it.
- Matches start on July 20 and run through August 12, with Playoffs on August 13. Earn a Premier Score of at least 375 by then to qualify and to have a chance to be crowned one of the best teams in your Division. (Oh…and get a sweet Premier Champion title and gun buddy, too.)
Check out our FAQ for all the nitty gritty details.
PLAYER BEHAVIOR UPDATES
- We added in-game bans for repeated AFK, Friendly Fire, and Queue Dodge in Competitive and Unrated modes.
- People who are text-muted in real time will now also be voice-muted for the entire match.
- New Icons for ability actions